Inspect records of recent site-safety-walks:
- Site-safety-walks must be conducted by contractor’s senior management representative and at least one employee representative, at regular intervals at least fortnightly but more frequently if appropriate for activity on site.
- Site-safety-walks observe whether works are being undertaken safely; using correct procedures, equipment and tools.
- Confirm that observations have been recorded — usually on standard checklist from contractor’s OHS manual.
- Confirm that issues have been addressed.
- Confirm that site amenities are being maintained in hygienic conditions.
Inspecting Building Works
Confirm that the following high-risk construction work, is undertaken in accordance with pre-prepared Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS). For each SWMS there must be evidence by name or signature, that:
- The SWMS is appropriate for the specific site.
- Each person performing the work has been trained in the stated methods.